Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind muscle connection

Hey,

Basically, everyone is saying about reaching a mind-muscle connection if you want serious gains. Well, I would want to achieve that but I m not sure what to do they mean when they say mind-muscle connection.
    I d like to have that connection when I m doing chest since my chest is super lagging and super weak (like I m still 140 and not 175 lbs).
    The Big 3

BB Press 242 lbs - one rep

Squat 286 lbs - one rep

Deadlift 375 lbs - one rep

My question was prompted by a passage in A.C Grayling's new book "The Frontiers of Knowledge". He says:
    First, it is necessary to have a map of the landscapes that abut and overlap in these debates: neuroscience, psychology, neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience, neurology, and the philosophy of mind.

This confirmed what I previously knew. I recall back in my psychology major, we examined the hard problem of consciousness, we examined the materialist/dualist divide for example. I suppose my question is more: is it a bad thing that multiple disciplines are now contributing to the debate? I want to say - and I stand to be corrected - that it is not necessarily a bad thing. I would argue that the question concerning what the relationship between the mind and brain is, is not a purely philosophical question for instance. That said, if for example, psychology deploys heavily empirical research methods in their research to examine the above-mentioned relationship, I would say they would arrive at a poor picture of the human mind. Empirical research methodology is not conducive to an examination of the human mind I don't think.
    Last edited by hoshanaeckhart; 09-06-2021, 02:01 AM. Reason: spell missing

Are you a brain tumor patient?

Comment

I think the question here is different, the person does not have a tumor
      Just be specific about your question and the problem you want to discuss.

Comment

Working...
      X