Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CUSP9 strategy via supplements?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CUSP9 strategy via supplements?

    Hello,
    I have been patiently waiting (pun intended) for the results of the latest CUSP9 trial which were supposed to be completed some time in 2019. As this has not happened, as far as I can find, I had wondered if someone has tried to mimic the CUSP9 strategy with supplements. From what I have been able to research, Curcumin and Resveratrol, in studies, mimic some of the inhibitors the repurposed drugs in CUSP9 attempt to do. I just wonder if anyone has pieced together the rest of the puzzle.

    Thanks for any insight you can provide.

  • #2
    Why not just use the drugs in the cusp 9 protocol? Or the Care Oncology protocol?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by musella View Post
      Why not just use the drugs in the cusp 9 protocol? Or the Care Oncology protocol?
      Because the drugs from the CUSP9 protocol are prescription only drugs and an Oncologist will not prescribe these without reason. I am just asking if anyone has tried to mimic the cancer cell inhibition strategy from CUSP9 from a supplement based approach.

      Thank you!

      Comment


      • #4
        There are many different cocktails floating around but the 2 most tested are the cusp9 and the care oncology. The Care Oncology is simpler - only 4 drugs but the evidence doesn't really support one over the other. Did you see https://virtualtrials.com/pdf2018/cusp9v3.pdf

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by musella View Post
          There are many different cocktails floating around but the 2 most tested are the cusp9 and the care oncology. The Care Oncology is simpler - only 4 drugs but the evidence doesn't really support one over the other. Did you see https://virtualtrials.com/pdf2018/cusp9v3.pdf
          I'm only familiar with Ben Williams, Richard Gerber's, and CUSP9 as the most prominent cocktails. I see they have started a trial for CUSP9-ND for newly diagnosed which the original CUSP9* is for recurrent. So, there must be some promise there and, strategically, CUSP9, in my opinion, addresses a lot of the limitations monotherapy fails to address as well as cocktails only targeting one or a few cancer cell lines.

          https://link.springer.com/article/10...32-019-02920-4

          Comment


          • #6
            Agreed. One other issue is cost and taking so many pills a day. The Care Oncology protocol is only 4 drugs.. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00681/full

            Comment


            • chofertikh
              chofertikh commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there information on the exact protocol used by Dr. Ben Williams? His is a stunning story. We are pursuing the Care Oncology protocol soon, but trying to learn as much. My husband, is newly diagnosed. 52 years old. Methylated, IDH wildtype. Inoperable in the corpus callosum, but will explore LITT if needed. Thank you

          • #7
            Originally posted by musella View Post
            Agreed. One other issue is cost and taking so many pills a day. The Care Oncology protocol is only 4 drugs.. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...019.00681/full
            True but if 4 drugs do not inhibit the survival paths of cancer cells, I do not see the value in following the protocol. However, If someone has figured out how to inhibit the 19 survival pathways and address pathway shunting with only 4 drugs, that is awesome!

            Comment


            • #8
              Look at that article I linked to in my last post. Results are impressive.

              Comment


              • #9
                Worth adding that CoC protocol has far less side-effects

                Comment


                • #10
                  Yeah, protein is a cornerstone of any workout basics. Without it, there’s no muscle gain.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by musella View Post
                    Look at that article I linked to in my last post. Results are impressive.
                    Not a randomised prospective design probably bearing considerable selection bias. Nevertheless definitely worth a try as the difference between the groups in OS is quite high and the side effects are mostly manageable.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      A randomized trial of this will probably never happen - it would cost tens of millions of dollars and there is no clear path to making money off of the combination

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X