• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	todo.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	170
    I took a selfie with the author - Dr Todo and had a chance to talk to him few a few minutes. Very nice man, and sounds brilliant. Its a horrible picture becuase there was a big spotlight behind so we had to take a strange angle!

Comment

Good picture. Is it available in Japan now (prior to approval) In scope of Compassionate or similar?

what are the plans for getting this in EU/US?

what does prof. Todo say?

Comment

I talked right before his presentation so we were pressed for time. He said he thinks Japan will approve it in 2020. I didn't get a chance to ask about plans for the rest of the world. He seemed focused on the science.
        I do not know the plans but will try to look into it. At worst, once it is approved in Japan, I think we will be able to get access to it. Cost might be an issue

Comment

Just what I needed to see... when my wife was fighting GBM back in 2013-2015, we would have traveled (emigrated if need be) to Japan in a heartbeat for a shot at a trial like this. Very promising news just the same.

Comment

here a petition to Japanese „FDA“ to approve the therapy as soon as possible.

If they approve it, the rest will follow more quickly (and the treatment will be available in Japan).

Please sign, share and if possible donate

There are some interesting comments at the petition (semi-insider Information) - you need to enable automatic translation!)

https://www.change.org/p/%E5%8E%9A%E...81%95%E3%81%84

Comment

Does anyone know how to contact Dr. Todo to schedule an appointment to see if someone in America can travel for this product? I can’t seem to find an office number for him.

Comment

• netopolis
                netopolis commented
                Editing a comment
                You can find the contact here: http://www.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/imsut/e...rch/#section09

The therapy is not yet available in Japan or any other country. Professor Todo is a research scientist at the Institute of medical science, University of Tokyo.

I'm not sure he is a clinician whom you can consult for such things. Don't think the institute markets the drug or administers it outside of clinical trials, which are over.

The drug will probably be marketed by Pharmacompany Daiichi Sankyo (see posts #13 above) when deemed ready for marketing.

He is a clinician .

We (you) don’t know if they have a compassionate use program.

​​​​​​​ It doesn’t make sense to contact them since they’re overwhelmed with inquiries (I know people who tried).

So, we’re in a status quo. Pitty.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                He is a clinician .

We (you) don’t know if they have a compassionate use program.

It doesn’t make sense to contact them since they’re overwhelmed with inquiries (I know people who tried).

So, we’re in a status quo. Pitty.
                He is a neurosurgeon but I wasn't sure if he does clinic work.

I thought there would be some information if there was a compassionate use program. musella Might it be possible there is one? I hope so.

Comment

It does look good.

Comment

Tommorow is the Daiichi Sankyo R&D Day in NYC.

They are saying they will file an application latest until March 2020 (4Q FY19).

Live streaming and the presentation are also available under following link:

https://www.daiichisankyo.com/media_...il/005462.html

Maybe somebody can watch live streaming and tell us what will they discuss regarding g47.

Comment

Anyone have updates?

Comment

I talked to the company about getting the trial here in the USA. They are not ready to allow that yet but when they are they will contact me. It sounded like it was at least a year or 2 away.

Comment

Working...
                        X